Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Trapped in an hourglass.


Trapped in an hourglass.

Why does everything look so funny?
Why do I see these weird shapes??
Why does everything look distorted and blurred?
Like someone's playing old rusted tapes?

Where is everyone I was with,
Why is there noone around me?
Why do I feel sand under my feet,
Where the hell could I be?

What's this I have on my sleeve?
And these grains I feel in my hand?
What's this falling from above my head!
Is it really raining sand??

Am I dreaming or is it for real?
Can I possibly be inside an hourglass?
Is it the price I have to pay,
For killing time and letting it pass?

Oh! I pray, I promise, I swear myself,
I will never repeat this again,
Just let me out and use all I have left,
For lost time will never return again!

need to re-frame the 4th and last para... but was in a hurry.
Comments and suggestions welcomed!

2 comments:

  1. actually bhaiya ur content is awesme n vry deep....bt...i didnt felt d rhythm n dat attraction in ur poetry.
    pls see 2 it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what u mean Nkki...
    I was in a hurry and so didn't really get anytime to even re-read the poem.
    Just didn't wanna loose this thought, isliye likh liya... :)
    Will redo it once I get time.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment, leave suggestions or to critic my poems... :)
I would be honoured to hear your take on my poems.. :D