Sunday, June 13, 2010

I chose to be different



Dedicated to a fellow poet of mine, he studied in Indian Military school, Bengaluru.

I could have gone to a normal school,
And played with friends all day,
Just do the home work I get,
And go to movies on Sunday.

I could get up late on holidays,
And spend the days lazy,
I could ask my mom for 5 minutes more,
And still be in that bed, so cozy.

I could have eaten what I like to,
Candies, sweets and more,
And could have seen T.V.,
And skipped my daily chore.

My mom would have packed bag,
And dad to drop me to school,
I could have been a normal student,
From a normal regular school.

But I choose to be different,
And live life for my land,
And join the Indian militarily,
And defend each gravel of sand.

I sacrificed being normal,
Sacrificed seeing my parents everyday.
I sacrificed all the luxuries,
I sacrificed all my play.

Though I can't live by my rules,
I live for my country to be free.
I am proud student of,
The Indian School of Militarily.

3 comments:

  1. its an excellent poetry frnd......
    m proud 2 hv a dedicated brother like u.
    REALLY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. its a vry gd poetry n depicts ur dedication 2wards d work......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Niki..

    Actually this is dedicated to Vishwa in the Poet's community...

    Woh Bangaluru military school mein padhta tha.. :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment, leave suggestions or to critic my poems... :)
I would be honoured to hear your take on my poems.. :D