Monday, June 14, 2010

THE ISTANBUL POEM



My favourite poem. No.1 for me.
This is a poem i wrote thinking of Gerrard at Istanbul, May 25, 2005, the greatest evening in history of Football.


One in the net, went through my heart,
Second one in, threw my team apart,
I wished it was over, and wished no more,
And then came Crespo, he had to score.

We were 3-0 down, rest all blacked out,
We felt insulted, and they stood proud.
I felt like crying, and my heart ached bad,
Not just me the whole KOP was sad.

My hands on my head, I am feeling low,
My team is losing and going slow.
I must do something, I must revive,
I must do something, we will survive.

Then I heard a sound, a song of might,
It seemed unbelievable, it didnt seem right,
The man then said, "Its not yet gone,
Hear them singing, 'You'll never walk alone' "

Belief i got, from that rhythm of pride,
I will not give up, I will not die.
I will inspire, this is my day,
I want the cup, and i want it today.

Coming onto field, i looked at the sky,
Why not today, just tell me why?
I could feel the power, the strenght in me,
I could then see, whole KOP besides me.

I saw the ball, rising through the air,
I had to reach it, i had to get there.
I took a leap, and got a smile on my face,
I got there first, we are in the race.

What followed then was simply devine,
I owe it to you, I owe it to the rhyme,
I owe to scousers, I owe them the throne,
They taught me to believe, that 'you'll never walk alone'.

2 comments:

Feel free to comment, leave suggestions or to critic my poems... :)
I would be honoured to hear your take on my poems.. :D