Sunday, June 13, 2010

I want those days back...


Top 5 -- No. 4

When happiness was mother's hug,
When biggest fear was a bed bug,
When biggest pain was bruised knees,
When my only napkins were my tees,

When greatest idol was my dad,
And fallen chocolate made me sad,
When high slings were a joy,
And even new eraser was a toy,

When greatest gift was a G.I.Joe,
And our sibling, our biggest foe,
When 10 bucks made smile all day,
When happiness was the only meaning of gay,

When greatest wish was a toy car,
And "I didn't break the cookie jar",
When kisses were very very yuck,
And drinking juice was meaning of suck,

When all my fingers could be used to point,
And where two things met was a joint,
When getting marks were biggest task,
When donald duck was on the mask,

When my mother ran behind, feeding me,
When Cartoon network ment T.V.,
When goodnight kiss where on my cheek,
I want those days back, that's all I seek.

4 comments:

  1. childhood days r sweet melodies,
    after passsing of childhood,
    it bcmes d inspirational memories.....

    ny ways,
    u hv really xpressed ur childhood feelings in d form of xcellent poetry...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah... I remember those days..

    Seriously, i cannot point any more using my middle finger...
    That was when I got the inspiration for this poem..

    ReplyDelete
  3. SOME ONE COPIED YOUR POEM AND SAID SHE MADE IT! :\

    ReplyDelete
  4. :( can you link me to that person??
    I am sure she didn't mean bad.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment, leave suggestions or to critic my poems... :)
I would be honoured to hear your take on my poems.. :D